Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I Never Thought I'd Say This...

Maternity shopping is now a highlight of my life. Hangs head in shame. Who am I? Believe me, I'm shaking my head at the excitement it gave me, but it's true. A BIG part of our trip to Mobile, and maybe even the best part was that Will took me Maternity shopping.


Luckily, I didn't go too crazy because a lot of maternity stuff is either super outdated or it won't even fit me when I'm nine months. It's like it's all made for Amazon women or something. I mean, c'mon... I'm 5'3 {and a half} and the petite pants still don't fit. Get it together maternity designers {If we can even call them that}, you have ONE job.


I think I covered the basics, though. Tank tops, tunic tops, maxi dresses, pants, workout tops, BeBands, and most importantly- brasiers and bra extenders. I didn't need the extenders for the Maternity bras, but I wanted to get one or two cute ones from Victoria's Secret and the only way to get them to fit cup and rib width was with an extender. Not sure how I've never known about this miraculous little invention, but boy am I thankful I do now.


I've already surpassed the above 'bump' pictures, but I was just excited to wear some of my maternity items. I still can't wear the pants without them sliding off me yet, but I'm getting there. I'm sure I will be complaining about feeling 'huge' soon, so I guess I shouldn't rush it.

I'm sure all of this seems silly to all you non-preggers out there, since I would have thought a post about maternity clothes was skipable, but oh how the tables have turned.


15 comments:

Jamie said...

So sweet.

P!nky said...

Awwww, this is so precious, lady! You are such a cute prego mama. Glad you found clothes you like, that's so important.

You have such great style, I can't wait to see what you rock.

Jen said...

You are so adorable!!!

Jenn said...

So glad that you're enjoying all the stages that you're going through! You definitely found some super cute pieces :)

Nikki said...

Good ole maternity shopping. Ugh I remember HATING it because everything was like you said outdated. I mean were pregnant not dead! Cute things you did find though! I had luck on pink blush maternity on line! Good luck!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

No shame! I'm glad it was an exciting thing for you!

I'm glad the clothes are cuter now. I remember when all maternity clothes looked like they were designed for the children women were having instead of for the women themselves.

Now, if they were only cheaper. Or better yet, freeee. hahaha

Unknown said...

Pink Blush Maternity...super cute online store. Reasonably priced too! I also lived in the long and lean tanks from target that I had prior to pregnancy.

Helene in Between said...

no shame in your shopping game! that would be so fun :)

Alana Christine said...

Agh! So fun! I look forward to maternity shopping (one day). You are seriously glowing : )

Courtney B said...

Girl, you will LOVE maternity clothes during the last two months! Then again, you're probably the girl we all envy that doesn't even look pregnant when you're on your way to the hospital to have her ;)
Ross was a great place for maternity clothes... super cheap! I seriously only wore my maternity clothes from 30 weeks until she was born so I loved not spending a lot of money.
K, tell me about this bra extender thing?! I had to keep buying new bras because I went up in cup size- so the extender allows you to go up in cup size?!

Mandie said...

I like the teal paisley tank. Very cute. Any type of clothes shopping is a good time. :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

That all look so so cute! I only got a handful of maternity items when I was pregnant (two tank tops, a dressier top, a dress, a pair of capris and a pair of jeans)... I just always bought a size bigger when I did.

Anonymous said...

I'd wear everything in that bottom left picture! I'm not gonna lie. I love maternity clothes. If it's something I absolutely love, I just buy it in a small. One of my fave maxis is maternity. No one knows but me. And someday... it will serve its purpose :)

Rach said...

Look at your bump!! So cute!

Rachel said...

"how the tables have turned." haha! Good thing you're having fun with it. I think any kind of clothing shopping is fun, even clothing shopping for other people. I'm sure I'll enjoy maternity shopping one of these days...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...