Friday, January 23, 2015

"Touch Has A Memory"- Keats

The CUTEST thing just happened. Sure babies and puppies usually take the cutest award, but no babies or puppies here. Anywho, I got up to make my late night snack and as I turned around, I noticed Will moving in on my side of the bed. Selfishly, I thought "Oh great. He's going to steal my pillow again", but instead he only pawed at my empty side looking for me. It was heartwarming and sad at the same time. So sad that I almost hopped back in bed to cuddle, but like I said, I was REALLY hungry. I'll make up for it by making sure we snuggle extra tonight.

Did you see the birthday sign I made for Will?


I saw something similar on Pinterest and ran with it. It worked to surprise him this morning, and I will be using it for his party Saturday. It's almost too classy for the White Trash Brunch we have planned, but decor is like fashion...it's better to be overdressed than under.

Speaking of brunch, has anyone made an Overnight Crockpot French Toast? Brunch starts early on Saturday, so I'm trying to get as much started Friday night as possible. I just don't want anything to end up tasting like leftovers or {heaven forbid} get dried out. I like the concept of French Toast in the Crock, but the last thing I want is crusty bread when I'm going for an ooeygooey Vanilla Bourbon Bananas Foster Pot'O Goodness.

Before I go, one more adorable thing- Will started to breath heavy in his sleep (like he was upset, get your mind out of the gutter), so I put my hand on his back, and his breath slowed immediately. I obviously had to test it, so I took my hand off- fast breathing, put it back- slow breathing. Don't worry, though, I eventually let it rest there until he calmed down. It's crazy the power that a simple touch can have, and Veronica says it best:

“We are not people who touch each other carelessly; every
point of contact between us feels important, a rush of energy
and relief.”  Veronica RothAllegiant

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I love this. Seriously. Your marriage and relationship is amazing..

P!nky said...

So sweet, Janna, just so stinking sweet. Y'all are the cutest. I love that sign, you did such a good job. Happy Birthday, to Will, again.

I've never made crock pot French Toast but my mom has an amazing baked French Toast that you make the night before. I can try and get it to you if you want.

Love you, as always!

ps.com that quote is amazing!

Jen said...

I love the sign!

Pamela said...

how sweeeet! You're such an awesome wife! :) oh man, can't wait to see pictures from the White Trash Brunch haha!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

A White Trash Birthday Brunch, sounds so fun. Can't wait to read all about it!!!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I absolutely love that sign. It turned out great!

Touch is very powerful.

Corie @ Life in the Mitten said...

I hope the party went great! The sign turned out amazing :)

Kelly said...

Let us know how the French Toast turns out - it sounds like it could be REALLY good!

Rach said...

That book series is so great! Great quote. :) And so sweet that your touch can soothe him so much. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...