Friday, November 21, 2014

My $20 Tattoo

Considering we've spent about $600 on one tattoo {Will's sidepiece}, we understand the importance of investing in something that will be on our bodies forever. You most definitely get what you pay for, so normally I would run from someone that offered me a $20 session, however, when you throw the word charity at me...my interest is piqued.

I heard Prodigal Son Tattoo was raising money for the Wiregrass Children's Home, so I immediately text Joel, my most tattoo'd friend, and said "Let's GOO!"  {You can feel bad for Will because he had to stay home and study. Such a good boy!}









We put our names on the list and before we knew it we were on the tables. I'd be lying if I didn't feel anxiety like an uptight Aubrey from Pitch Perfect, but it was totally worth the adrenaline rush. Even with a limited list of tattoo options, I knew I was going to love it if for no other reason than the badass story we were going to have.






On top of it all, Chilly our artist, added color to my anchor and put the heart on my arch fo' free! I had a tiny little heart there from many moons ago, and he just dove in and updated it. If you include the free shirts they gave us and door prizes, it's almost like they paid us to get tattoos, AND it was all for a good cause. Anywho, normally I recommend RUNNING from anyone who offers you a $20 tattoo, but I guess sometimes it's okay.

Wish me luck on the Bazaar! We're gonna need it.


18 comments:

Jenn said...

I love that you did this on the fly, and for a good cause! And because you did good, someone did something nice for you--love when karma works that quickly :)
Cute tats, too, girl! Have a great weekend :)

P!nky said...

That is an amazing price for a tattoo! And it looks fabulous on you, lady!!! Love you! Miss you!

Jamie said...

I love the heart!

A Life Without Mofongo said...

I love the heart and anchor. I wanted one where you have the heart but they talked me out of it because supposedly it fades. I just love yours.

Helene in Between said...

well it's all in the name of charity! how cool!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Giving back and getting a tattoo. Sweet deal! It came out great.

Jeans and a Tank Top said...

Score, score, score! Is it awkward that I almost missed the tattoos in the last photo because your shoes are so fabulous? Must know brand. Please :)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Looks great, and for a great cause!

Good luck with the Bazaar!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Now all I hear is Rebel Wilson's voice saying, "It's fo free..."

I love that it was to support a good cause!

Mandie said...

Oh, I totally would have joined in for that one! Sooo, cool! I love the lil anchor. :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

It's very cute. I'm still too chicken to get one!!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

They look great, I've been itching for a new one but cant decide were.

Kathryn B said...

I LOVE the anchor! I am a DG and our symbol is an anchor. Super cute! I've been wanting another tattoo for some time, but I can't figure out what and where, so I will continue to wait.

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh! I love these. I am so ready to get some fresh ink. I am thinking for my birthday it is due time. LOL. P.S. Good luck this weekend.. I was bummed, my husbands class 15-03 is helping with the Turkey Trot, while 15-04 gets to help with the bazaar. And I am also bummed because it sounds totally badass, and I will be here. Doing nothing. LOL.

Ashleigh said...

I love love love that anchor tattoo! Eep.. I think its sweet that he fixed your heart one too :)

Kelly said...

So pretty, I love that he added color to it!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Kenzie Smith said...

How awesome that you got tatted for a cause! I would love if a shop near us did something like that :D Awesome he added in color and touched up the heart!

Rach said...

Aww, I want a tiny heart tattoo! Yours is cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...