Friday, September 5, 2014

On The Shores Of Panama...

Thanks for voting! It was 50/50 on the votes for the Six Word Short story, but that's okay. Homeboy did use a semicolon like a boss, but since mine was actually an original idea, I still feel better. As for the sandwiches, you ALL voted correctly! #2 and #3 were BOTH my creations, and way better than that boring old Portobello. I mean, Italian dressing makes a great marinade, but where is the creativity in that? I swear that contest was rigged.

In case you are tracking my wrist situation, it's Tendonitis, so now I'm rocking a sweet brace. At least I didn't have to wear it on vacation, because it totally would have clashed with the sand and sun. No wrist pain was going to get in my way of this...

We were supposed to have 7-8 people, so we got the biggest condo at the Shores Of Panama Resort. Come the week of, we were down to five which meant we had three rooms, three bathrooms, and a HUGE condo all to ourselves. No one was complaining.

Gulf Coast Jam was our reason for going and while we loved Carrie Underwood, Big & Rich, Dierks Bentley, and Blake Shelton, we most definitely spent more time in the condo and at the beach than anything. People kept telling us it was going to rain, but it was PERFECT all weekend, so how can you not soak it all in? Mimosas, anyone?














Yes, we planned to dress alike. They boys have their bromance <see below>, and we have our...er...womance. There was another term I could have used, but the one I looked up is way better, haha. We got those shirts last time we were in PCB and they say "Unsinkable". The boys were away in training, so it signifies our support of them and how we can never be defeated when it comes to taking care of them! Plus I bartered and we got'em cheap.




The food was amazing, as always, but we tried new places this round. The goal: Eat as much fresh seafood as possible. Mission accomplished! Pineapple Willy's was our favorite lunch spot, Saltwater Grill was our big kid dinner, and Liza's Kitchen was one of the BEST brunches in town. We also went to the All American Diner, but you gotta be drunk for that.








Full of mimosas, we decided to visit Race City to let our inner children out. We played in the arcade, batting cages, and had a blast on the double decker go kart track without any major injuries. We may have had one person do the walk of shame when they got kicked off the ride, but my husband was on his best behavior! For once...


Then it was back to the beach. One of the best parts of the whole weekend, was when I found out my best friend from Elementary school was also in town for the weekend. I haven't seen Jess in fifteen years, and it was crazy to get to run and jump on her! She hasn't changed, I haven't changed, and we picked up right where we left off. Will said she was kind of shy, but I assured him she wasn't. She's just very chill and go with the flow. I love that that hasn't changed about her, and it reminds me of my roots.



Between the festival, out of this world seafood, booze, and the biggest condo I've ever stayed in, I think this may have been the most expensive 48 hours of my life. Too bad I don't regret it one bit. You just can't put a price tag on making such amazing memories, connecting with old friends, and getting to spend quality time relaxing with my hunny.


16 comments:

Jen said...

This looks like so much fun!

P!nky said...

You do vacays up right, lady! Looks like a blasty!

Mandie said...

Looks like an amazing time. Jealous! :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

What a fabulous weekend! Gorgeous scenery, fabulous food and good friends...you can't beat it. I'm glad you had a great time!

Rach said...

Fuuuun! I wanted to go to GCJ, but was couldn't. Maybe next year!! Glad you got to reconnect with an old friend! How fun! :)

Nicole said...

Looks like fine! I have yet to visit Panama but I look forward to it! I love, love GoCarts! They are the best. Dumb question - did they ask to pull back your hair? The last time my boyfriend and I visited the track one of the workers had hairbands on his wrist!

Helene in Between said...

eating as much seafood as possible is always a good idea!! love it. looks like so much fun! and i love that pic of y'all smooching!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing and I love the dip picture!

Pamela said...

Yall are adorable!!! How in the world do you eat all this yummyyyyy food & stay so good looking!

Jamie said...

Looks like an amazing time.

Amanda said...

I am so jealous of your life! Lol. Those artists sound amazing and don't even get me started on the condo.

Angie said...

I must admit that I"m totally jealous
What an amazing trip :)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

You guys def. lived it up and made the most out of it!!! What a great time!!!

Kim said...

What a great trip! Looked like so much fun! :)

Kathryn B said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend!

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

I love the gulf coast! Looks like a funnn weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...