Monday, September 1, 2014

My Mom Really Was In Labor On Labor Day

Nineteen years ago, my momma went into Labor on this day of Labor. Yes, I know that's not the type of Labor we are celebrating, but personally I think it counts, and at the very least, it's an appropriate pun. That day, I was an impatient {almost} ten year old that knew her baby brother's cry the second the doctor smacked his hiney. I heard him through two doors and proudly told my grandma that was my brother. No one believed me, and yet I was proven right. I don't know if this can be lumped into my psychic abilities, but I think it just shows how close my brother and I have been from day one. Technically his birthday is on the third, but that wouldn't work for a 'Labor Day inspired' post now would it?


In his honor, I will share some pictures from a Washington DC trip we took a few years back. I was living in Williamsburg, Virginia with Will at the time, so I met up with my family when they came up. In case you wonder why I'm wearing shorts and a jacket, it was Summer and COLD. Hey Global Warming, you're doing it wrong.








My family are totally my BFF's, and I cherish every memory we have made together. On top of that, DC is one of my favorite places in the world! If you've never been there, put it on your list. With all the free museums and events it's totally worth it.





Did you know there is a club in a fuselage? Scratch that. There used to be a club there called Fly Lounge, and it was a party in a plane! Pretty sad about it closing, but at least we got to go there once when I met up with some friends to enjoy the night life.




Do you remember DC Cupcakes in Georgetown? The ones from that TLC show? Well, I had them delivered to our hotel! Cupcake delivery might be the most amazing and dangerous thing ever. Can you imagine having that option when Aunt Flow comes to visit? T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

I hope none of you are in labor on Labor Day, and everyone has had a safe and happy weekend! We are back home, but it's relaxation time. Hallelujah.




10 comments:

Unknown said...

its great that you have dedicated this post to your mom and brother

P!nky said...

Happy, happy bday to your brother. I've been to Fly Lounge and it is bomb.com. Pretty exclusive and I've seen some Redskins players there, plus a friend knew the bartender. It's a good time for sure.

GT cupcakes, yummy!!! So delicious, we had them at our wedding.

Come back to DC SOON, love. I miss my friend! xoxo

Jen said...

Have an awesome day! :)

Amanda said...

Now that is taking Labor Day to a whole other level.. seriously. Haha. Hope you guys are having a great day!

P.S. How long are you guys in Alabama for?

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Happy early Birthday to your brother!!! Oh and you can't go wrong with DC Cupcakes, FABULOUS!!!!

Jean said...

happy birthday to your brother!

yes, DC is awesome! i would love to go back for a visit!

Holly said...

I have a sister who is 10.5 years younger than me. I still remember the day she was born and being so excited. It's such a weird dynamic having a sibling so much younger than you. It comes with more protective instincts I think. Happy birthday to your brother!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

That is one way to celebrate Labor Day- in labor! Yikes! She deserves a cupcake or two!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Awh, so cute! Happy birthday to your brother!

Rach said...

Aww happy birthday to your brother! And kudos to your mom for being in labor on actual labor day, haha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...