Monday, January 27, 2014

I Need A Detox

Do you know what really sucks about moving?
Eating all the crap that's in the pantry when you run out of the healthy stuff, and eating out so as not to buy more crap right before the move. I feel like an elephant.

Speaking of which, we have also been trying to use up a bunch of gift cards, and we finally made that happen by having a Gift Card Crawl on Saturday. What is a Gift Card Crawl you ask? It's like a pub crawl, only you are visiting restaurants and bars that you need to use up your gift cards at. I wouldn't be surprised if you have never heard of it, because we just made it up. Whatev, it worked! We drank and ate for hours, and it cost us next to nothing. As a matter of fact, we still have $21 dollars left at Carrabba's. Did you know they have a great Happy Hour? Neither did we.


I avoid white processed crap and fried stuff like the plague, but I just couldn't say no to Cowboy mac'n cheese and sweet potato fries. Let's not talk about the chocolate dipped fruit and marshmallows I had before bed. WTF, am I pregnant?

And that, y'all, is why I need a detox.

I actually have a photo shoot tomorrow, and while I would normally freak out after all I've eaten lately, this time I don't have to, BECAUSE I am BEHIND the camera! That's right, I've been asked to take some more pichas, and I'm just as surprised as you are.

Meet Miss Jessica Martinez on the left. Technically. they are both Jessica's, and both beautiful. What a coincidence? Martinez needs some bikini shots for her portfolio, and I was second pick asked to do it. Thank you to the real photographer that couldn't do it. Muhaha.


Eek...Wish me luck!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate having to eat all the crap left over! It's one of the worst things about temporarily living in places. The worst stuff is when it's something you do not like or don't know what it is! ;)

Nikki said...

I feel like I have been eating crap lately too blah! Good luck with the shoot! You got this!

P!nky said...

I know you'll rock out the pictures! Eating through the pantry is fun for the first round, then I feel you, yuck.

The gift card crawl sounds super fun though :)!

Jenn said...

You're gonna do great!!
Gift card crawl sounds awesome! And yummy (even if it was high in the caloric and fat content...you only live once!)

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i haven't been eating as well as i normally do but this month, my PMS is something awful and for the first time in years, i gave in to some cravings. but today i'm back on track!

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

The Gift card crawl sounds fun, but I am with you I feel like crap after I have too much processed food. Good luck at the shoot I am sure you will take lots of great pics.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Love the gift card crawl! Good luck at your photo shoots- I am sure you will rock them.

Helene in Between said...

gift card crawl is genius. yay for being a photog!!! so cool!

Alli @ Allena Mistral said...

Good luck with your shoot tomorrow! Congrats on the gig! Also, I absolutely love the idea of a gift card crawl!

Jen said...

We finally used the last of our restaurant gift cards from christmas and I'm so glad haha.

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Oooh, I love the idea of a Gift Card Crawl! Good Luck snapping away :)

Kathryn B said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Kenzie Smith said...

I couldn't help but smile that you had to eat all the food in your pantry because I've really been wanting to start eating healthy but we have a lot of crap food in our pantry that needs to be eaten.. I really don't want to eat it but I don't want to let it go to waste. Ugh.
Good luck at the photo shoot! You are going to do awesome!

Nicole said...

Well there are a lot of bloggers out there pregnant right now so you'd be in good company. hahahaha! j/k

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

Good luck with the photo shoot! Love, love your hair in the photo! I really need to get some lessons on curling since I own 2 curling irons and a wand and no clue how to use them properly.

Rach said...

Yes! Jessica is the one with the great taste in bikinis! I loved that one on her. :) I hope your photo session went super well!

Also, I love that you guys used up nearly all your giftcard money on one big night out. What a fun idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...