Friday, December 13, 2013

Couples That Get Tattoo'd Together...

Thank you, thank you for the love the past couple days!
I don't think I'm going to come close to winning cough they are cheating cough cough ;) but at least we put up a good fight, and just having y'alls support makes me giddy. It sounds cheesy, but tis the season to be cheesy!

I guess you can say this has been a good week thus far. Pretty chill at work, I actually planned out our meals this week, and we got our decorations up. Plus...

+ I told my boss that I'm cutting down to three shifts a week in January, and it felt SO good. That means that I only have a little over 20 shifts left to work, and I am DONE until we get settled in Alabama. Heck-to-the-mother-effin'-yeah.

+ I should have all presents and cards out by Saturday. Will has offered to help, so we will be wrapping and knocking it all out together. I'm glad that he offered, because I always try to do it all by myself, and that's just silly. We are a team, and it's okay to ask for help. Don't get me wrong, he does more than his share... It's just a good thing that there is no such thing as keeping score in a marriage ;) I'm sure I'll get to make it up to him soon.

+ I'm going to my 'other' home in January! I haven't been to South Florida since my best friend passed, but I think it's time. I need to see my other baby brother and sister, and just soak it all in. We'll talk more about that later.

+ Last, but not least...I finally got the pictures from our Tattoo escapade ready.

I say it's an escapade, because we had to travel through a 'winter storm' to get to our tattoo guy. Our friend Chago works at GodSpeed in Breckenridge, and he's totally worth the two hour drive. We started Will's tattoo before we knew Chago, and we learned the hard way that paying more for the work gets you better results. See original tattoo:


The first guy we went to was a great artist, but apparently he had no experience with plain lettering. Who would have thought that plain script would be so difficult? It looked okay, but when Chago offered to improve it, we jumped at the chance.

I am proud to say that I was there with Will when he got his first tattoo, and I have seen it through to the end. Two trips to Breck, about 10 hours, and $1,000 later...
We have a finished product!

We actually expected Will's tattoo to take 4-5 hours this round, so when it only took two, I didn't have an excuse to not jump in the chair. I've mentioned {a long time ago} that I have ink, and still most people are very surprised to find that out. I already have my ribs done, but I had something very special to add in mind this time.

^^ Will enjoys this picture, but I won't tell you why. Juuuust guess.

My whole life, I have been called Janna Banana, Banana, Janna B., JB, Barbie, and even just B, so the letter 'B' has always had significance to me. Would I have thought to put it on my body? No, but now that my last name is Bogert, it means the world to me. I've never been a fan of getting someone's name tattoo'd...nevertheless, Bogert is now my identity, as well. I now have a 'B' to match the 'J' on the other side!

I guess you could say, the couple that gets tattoos together, stays together...
or something like that ;)


A'ight y'all, it's the weekend, it's Friday the 13th, and we have less than two weeks until Christmas; that means that it's par-tay time! Don't waste it ;)



21 comments:

P!nky said...

Cheaters STINK!

Love the tattoos, so fun! And such a special meaning!

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Love both tattoos. They came out great. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Meredith @ Barbell Wardrobe said...

They look great, he did an awesome job updating Will's, dang i know it had to hurt!

Pamela said...

How awesome!!!

Jenn said...

Thats awesome--what a difference the second one is! Wow!!

Kenzie Smith said...

Last Valentine's day I got my tattoo fixed and John got a tattoo - so I totally agree, a couple that gets tattooed together stays together :D

HickChickBritt said...

What does Will's tatoo say?

Nicole said...

Ooooh I love his tattoo!!! I have been begging my husband to get one-I have one and he doesn't have any! I have my next one picked out, and want to get it as soon as I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding-apparently that's a no no. Love yours too! So cute and a great meaning!

Helene in Between said...

it looks great! and yes i think the saying definitely works for y'all!

Jamie Hart said...

I love tattoos.. especially those with meaning!! (I'm sure you saw most of mine when we met)
I've been dying to get another tat but I plan on waiting until after the holidays. Enjoy your weekend!!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

After driving all that way of course you had to get a tattoo. I'm still too chicken. Plus I have no clue what I'd get. Yours are very feminine and girly. I like!!

Jen said...

Yay for getting tattoo'd together! :)

Kelly said...

I love both of yours!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Simplyheather said...

They look great! What a great improvement on Will's tattoo! :)

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Will's tattoo looks great! And holy cow your ribs? I don't know if I could handle that lol! YAY for your B! I've wanted Nate's initials on my ring finger forever now, just need to bite the bullet!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Your husband's looks so much better! Your friend is an artist.

I need to get something filled in on my back. I never think of it.

My-cliffnotes said...

I love that you both got them! I have 4 but M has 0 ;(

Noor Unnahar said...

Your tattoo is gorgeous . Haha but okay , your hubs won this battle . I love the pattern of his tattoo!!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. I was always called B in high school and college as a nickname.

Rach said...

What does Will's tattoo mean? I love that you guys got them together! How fun! We have talked about it several times (most recently when we were in Italy), but we chicken out every time, haha!

Courtney B said...

I'm so curious to know what Will's tattoo means!
And I could never get a tattoo because I'm terrified of the pain (not the needles) I avoid anything that will cause me pain. I'm just the biggest baby ever. So I totally got chills when I read that finishing his tattoo was GOING to take 4ish hours, YUCK! (ha!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...