Monday, November 18, 2013

Do I Have A Style? Seriously...

It is Monday, but the weekend isn't over in the Bogert house. We still have one more glorious day together, and I'm hoping it will never end. I know I'm stating the obvious, but why can't weekends be longer than weekdays? I seriously think we have our priorities backwards.

Thus far, we made some awesome Sangria and Elk sausages, caught up on some Netflix, overworked ourselves in the gym, and hit up Boulder for the first time!

It is quite an interesting little city, and I could probably shop there for days. Basically, they have all of my favorite stores within a three block radius. I can't believe that I didn't buy a single thing. I must have been sleepy from getting up at 5:45 on a Sunday.
Will was actually the one we ventured up there for. We sold the motorcycle because he wants a new one, and we got a new scope for his rifle like he needs one that shoots 500 yards, but I enticed him to meeting up with Sami Girl by offering him beer. We've had this Brewery Passport with free beers for awhile, so we met up with our blog love at the Royal Hilltop Tap Room and killed two birds with one stone. Don't let him fool you, though...he's now a pro at "Blating".

As I look at my 'OOTD' from Sunday, I ponder how I made this choice. How did a skeleton shirt even end up in my closet? I obviously like it, but it seems out of the norm. I've been sharing outfits lately when I participated in the #LIYLookOfTheDay, and it has me wondering...What is my style? I'm not sure if I even have a 'style', but if you can detect one, what would it be?


All I can tell you, is that I choose classic over popular, but if I'm intrigued by a trend, I will try anything that strikes my fancy. I just try to go for things that flatter my  frame, and I definitely go for comfort.  I remember thinking as a youngster that I needed to form an identity through my attire, but now I wonder if my identity is what creates my style? Does one have to fit into a category? Or should you create your own category?
C'mon fashionistas, what do you think?



17 comments:

Tranae said...

Comfort and a flattering fit beats trendy in my book any day. Your outfits are really cute. I don't think you have to fit into a particular category.

Anonymous said...

I'd say, "Feminine sophisticated" for you. I don't know how you feel about that but none the less, I love your outfits as well and you look really good. :)

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

Whatever your style may be, it's freaking amazing! You rock the cutest outfits! :)

P!nky said...

Looks like a fun weekend :)!

I think your style is comfy, girlie, with a bit of boho chic. You always look awesome so I'm jelly welly!

Jen said...

Your style is like mine comfy and cute. I'm not all about being trendy.

Helene in Between said...

i would say your style is cute! you always look great. my style is none since I never really try at all. haha

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I love Sangria and that house is gorgeous! I love your style, it is feminine and flirty without being overly sexual. A perfect balance!

Nicole said...

I would say your style is feminine. I like it! I am all over the place. I love the cute little dresses and heels, but I'm much more of a boots/scarf/jacket sort of person. And occasionally I like adding in the skeletons, leather, stuff like that. But today I'm wearing leopard print and a cardigan. All over I tell ya!

I don't like dressing up as much as I used to, and flats seem much more appealing than heels these days :) I say rock whatever you feel like rocking-as long as you're confident you (and anyone!) will be able to pull it off.

Kelly said...

I think you have great style!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

lesley: the dream tree said...

i think you and i have similar styles. i love everything you post! not sure what i would call it, but it's cute. it's a style of its own.

Kenzie Smith said...

Your outfits are all adorable! I definitely wouldn't be upset if I had your closet ha ha.

Jamie said...

I like your style- feminine but comfortable.

Jane said...

I love your style! Whatever it may be. :) And your hair. I really regret chopping all my hair off. Ah well!

J and A said...

You just rock any outfit you put on! Great style no matter what!

Nicole said...

You can dress me any day because you dress way cuter than I do!

Courtney B said...

I say it all the time, but you are gorg! I totally don't have a style so I'm not help to you.
But you can help me out. What in the H E Double Hockey Sticks does OOTD mean? (How do I even call myself a social media addict?)

Rach said...

I am all about comfy clothes that flatter my frame. I have a super long torso so there are a lot of trends that just plain don't work on me and I'm really okay with that. I'm not sure exactly what I'd say your style is, but then I'm not exactly a fashionista or anything. Definitely something feminine looking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...