Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sure Let's Just Have Some Snow Mid-Spring

I don't know if you know this, but Colorado boasts over 300 days of sun per year.
That's a lot of sun...
This is probably why we have ZERO transition time from a warm sunny day to a blizzard, and this is basically what we have had this week:



Pros:
More moisture {snow counts as moisture} could mean less fires this year.
.....
.....
Okay, so one pro.

Cons:
Black Ice
Takes longer to get to and from work
It's flippin' cold.
I see my life flash before my eyes every time I slip on my stoop.

I guess the pro is a good one so we will let it slide.
 Plus I'm not that fond of the summer heat here, as I don't like the feeling of cooking in an oven in the dry heat. We are all gonna complain 80% of the year for one reason or another, so oh well.

It's just another thing that makes Colorado a very interesting place to live. Between the altitude and weather, my body is much better equipped to face...well, anything. Did you know that altitude can effect you that way? With the lack of oxygen and dry climate, it is harder to work out, you have to practically bathe in lotion, and you even get drunk faster. Pretty darn crazy.

Thank you Army life.
Without you, we would never be blessed to live in this wonderful state and to experience this adventure. I wish I knew where we were heading next, but for now...we are going to enjoy it as much as possible! Snow in April and all ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, did I ever tell you that I was featured on  SheKnows.Com by  Sarah, where I talked about how we eloped?
I am such a nerd, but it made me so giddy!
Check it out here.

the tears had already began! but all happy tears ;) photo 30013_619846525765_6996678_n.jpg

Le sigh...
Read about it for now, and we will talk more in depth on our Anniversary next week.

Hope your weather is better than ours!



22 comments:

Amanda said...

Its like that in New Mexico right now too xx

Rebecca said...

That's crazy weather. I visited Colorado one June and the dry heat was bad enough then, I don't think I'd survive it in the height of summer. It's such a pretty place to live though, I loved Keystone and horse riding through the Garden of the Gods, you have some amazing scenery.

Sam said...

Ugh crazy weather! Make the best of it & go tubing or 4wheeling or something. I LOVE the fact that you eloped! Everyone looks at me like I'm nuts when I say that's what I plan to do, but I can't imagine planning & paying for a wedding that I didn't even really want.

Rachel said...

We had snow last weekend--and today we're having thunderstorms! Michigan has pretty crazy weather, but it rarely ever gets hot. I prefer hot!

P!nky said...

Wanna come visit your beautiful colorado ASAP!

Le Sigh, I love your elopement story SO MUCH!!!!

xoxo

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

Hmmmmm, I still don't know how I feel about this snow in April stuff!! But I like your perspective :) lets hope I pick up on it between now and late summer! Ok, I'm off to read your sweet love story!

Nikki said...

Ironically I just saw your article on sheknows!

Snow....I would DIE!

Jen said...

Black ice is the worst, it's really scary.

Nicole said...

It's so hard for me to grasp the fact that you guys are sunny/hot so many days of the year but Colorado is where you go skiing! And snow and mountains and yeah :)

Nicole said...

I'm right there with ya sister...blizzard and all :) We got 8 inches in this last storm. For us, a plus is that our crops will do well because of all of the moisture!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I SO WISH we had snow here in KY right now. I love snow and we never get enough!! Instead, it's 83 here today. Blegh. :)

HMF said...

Ugh, that sounds like the kind of crazy weather I experienced when living in Ohio. You never knew what kind of weather would hit you -- and some of my friends told me that the unofficial state motto was "Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes" haha.

I hope it gets sunny and stays that way soon!

Holly said...

I feel that way about the weather here in Ohio sometimes. Oy!

You looked darling at your elopement - is that what you call it? I love that you did that and why you did it :) Thanks for sharing your story! xoxo

J and A said...

Crazy weather sounds like here!! Snow, then sun, then freezing... please come Spring! :( I LOVE your wedding pics!!

Helene said...

ugh i can't even imagine snow right now, ick!!

Morgan Neal said...

You're adorable! Lets hope for NC orders! ;)

Kim said...

My sister lives in Colorado and is dealing with that craziness right now. I hope you can stay warm and get some sunshine soon. Sending lots of California sun your way! ;)

Kelly said...

Tear, it is still cold in NYC but at least not snow worthy - and wait, I didn't know you eloped!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Rach said...

Okay, I will officially not complain that it is rainy and cold (45 degrees) here today after being 80 and sunny all week, haha! At least it's not snowing/icing here!

Also, I have to tell you, other than my grandparents, you two are the only couple I know who have eloped. There is something rather romantic about it. :)

Heather K. said...

Yikes! It's nice that you made a pro/con list... That's positive-ish. I woulda just said, "come ON weather! You're drunk!"

Niken said...

wow, the weather transition is so extreme. that's crazy!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Because in the summer it gets up to 101 her sometimes I think I will come live with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...