Sunday, December 4, 2011

Garbanzo's: Mediterranean Heaven

Have y'all ever heard of Garbanzo's?  If not, then you probably live outside of Colorado, because this is a franchise that has taken our state by storm.  I hope that by the time we move again there will be Garbanzo's everywhere because it is SO good!


Not only are they delish and fresh, they are awesome for choosing US as winners of their Military family contest!  They awarded us with a 10 guest-party of FREE food and it was AMAZING.  As a matter of fact, they gave us so much that we had more for breakfast and there are STILL leftovers.  They didn't ask me to plug them or anything...I just want everyone to get a chance to try them or maybe find a Mediterranean grill near you.   They are definitely getting more popular and it's such great food.  Full of Quinoa, Garbanzo beans, whole wheat, healthy sauces and fresh herbs and spices they are such an amazing alternative to fast food.  Would you rather have a measly-greasy burger that will leave you hungry in 5 minutes or something healthy that will taste great, fill you up and make you feel great!

I'll also leave you with a hummus recipe.  It makes a great dip or condiment for your sandwich!

Red Bell Pepper Hummus
Ingredients:
  • 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
  • 1 cup sauteed or roasted red bell peppers
  • 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 3 to 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Salt and ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)

  • Instructions:
  • rinse and drain 1 can of the chickpeas. Place drained chickpeas in a blender and add red bell peppers, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin. Process with a food processor, blender or hand-blender until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with parsley. 
Now I'm off to go work on my Christmas Ornament for the Ornament Swap!  Enjoy the last bit of the weekend!

1 comment:

the workaholic momma said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE hummus...the look of it actually used to scare me off but now I'm addicted but it can be SO pricey in stores so I thank you and my bank account thanks you for sharing this recipe so I can make my own:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...