Friday, April 22, 2011

Our Fairytale...It Only Gets Better

I can honestly say that when you truly love someone, that it only gets better...By this I mean that with each passing day, I love Will more than the day before.  As we grow together and make beautiful memories together, we grow stronger and happier and more in love. 

When the song "I Thought I Loved You Then" by Brad Paisley came out, I was blown away that he had put into words EXACTLY how I felt.


Not to say that we don't have our "issues".  
Like right now for example- I am trying to type this post for y'all and will just flopped his arm across my wrist while he's sleeping...and I can't. move. it.  Dang his big-heavy-muscley-arms. ;)  

But seriously, we get into our little tiffs at times, but it doesn't mean we love each other any less.  I remember one occassion where we were miffed at each other and weren't talking for a bit, and one of our friends looked worried.  He asked if everything was alright, and I said of course it was, nonchalantly.  That made him look even more confused until I explained that when Will and I get upset with each other, that's when our love is most obvious. Even when we are aggravated, we still want to be near each other, despite the silence between us. 

Photobucket

 In past relationships, if we were in a fight I might wonder if it was going to end our relationship, but with this one- I wonder how long before it's over and how great it will be when the issue will be resolved.  That's why disagreements are necessary.  You need to have them in order to resolve issues as they come up, so that you can fix them.  Sometimes we all just get caught up in life and in our own ways and forget to see things from the other's perspectives.  

By the way, there is no right or wrong perspective...
It takes both of us putting our minds together to take on the world. 
 That's why we make the best team. 

Wanna hear the best advice a Pastor ever told me?  
He said that any time you get in a fight with your husband or wife, just get naked and see how long the fight lasts ;)  Hope you find this helpful too!

I really hope that people with stop "settling" and wait for someone who completes them. I know it doesn't seem real, but once you find it, you will know it was worth the wait.


PS.  Will and our house guest are going grocery shopping tomorrow for our BBQ on Saturday- WITHOUT ME!  I'm scared, y'all!  I have made a detailed list, divided it by food categories, attached the coupons and gave price options for other stores, just in case they are a better deal then Costco and Wallyworld.  I have taught him well about value vs. cost and not over buying, but when I'm shopping I'm comparing price tags, guaging the sizes I need vs. the value, comparing store specials and more importantly checking all the nutritional info. I would find it hard to tackle our grocery list myself, using all those criteria, so I am assuming that they may be  a bit overwhelmed tomorrow...we shall see!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...