Thursday, March 10, 2011

Not Every Recipe Comes Out Perfect...

So...If you ever come across a "Skinny Tofu Alfredo" Recipe-...

RUN!

Ok, ok, so that's going a bit overboard, but I definately deleted it off my recipe list!  I think the main problem, was that the recipe had the Tofu pureed with all the other ingredients, and that left a chalky, bland consistency.  Oh, and that's AFTER I had already DOUBLED the herbs and spices AND added a stick of butter (egad!).  I ended up tossing in some splenda and Sriracha and calling it edible....Will liked it, but not enough to attempt saving it for leftovers.
I still think the idea is there, but next time I will cube the Tofu and let it soak up the sauce, so that it doesn't over power the whole dish.  Basically, that means find a decent alfredo recipe, sub all the low-fat/no-fat ingredients you feel like, throw in some fun herbs and spices, cube up some Tofu and get to cookin'!  I want to try it over Spaghetti Squash, but whole grain pasta is another decent alternative.  If anyone tries it and has luck, LET ME KNOW!
Nighty-Night!


2 comments:

Sheila said...

Hello Darlin! What an adventure you are on with your new husband...sounds kinda fun! Goodness this tofu alfredo sounds horrible..sorry to say. Would northern or white beans be good in there? Thanks for coming on over to Strawberry Cake!

Janna Renee said...

oooohh...That's a good idea! I'll definately have to try it! I've already been enjoying ur blog! Thanks for checking out mine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...